Operating Systems – Time Sharing Systems
(A3) Time Sharing Systems
The main idea of time sharing systems is to allow a large number of users to interact with a single computer(system) concurrently.
Hence, it extended the idea of multiprogramming to allow multiple terminals with each-in-use terminal to be associated with one or more jobs.
Hence, the there are spaces for more than one user, each associated with a program or more.
The main objective of these systems is to minimize the response time to user commands.
(and lead to interactive work)
Also Check Out
Related Posts via Taxonomies
- Operating Systems – Real Time Systems
- Operating Systems – Distributed Computing Systems
- Operating Systems – Multipogramming Batch Systems
- Stealth Technology
- Zoe – The Emotional Virtual Talking Head
- 3D Printing – The Future is Here
- The Gift of the Senses – Bionic Hand and Eye
- How a Pacemaker Works
- Travel to Space – Bookings Now Open!
- Biomimicry: Light-Activated Skeletal Muscles for Robots