Operating Systems – Parallel Computing Systems
(A4) Parallel Computing Systems:
In parallel systems, large jobs are divided into smaller ones which are then processed simultaneously(hence, the name parallel). Since, the task is broken down, the efficiency largely increases.
Parallel computing has a number of advantages over other paradigms:
-It leads to a large increase in efficiency.
-It helps in power consumption.
It is the hence, the most dominant paradigm in computer architecture.
The disadvantages regarding parallel computing are:
-The processes difficult to write.
-Gives more scope for bugs to crawl in.
Also Check Out
Related Posts via Taxonomies
- Operating Systems – Real Time Systems
- Stealth Technology
- Zoe – The Emotional Virtual Talking Head
- 3D Printing – The Future is Here
- The Gift of the Senses – Bionic Hand and Eye
- How a Pacemaker Works
- Travel to Space – Bookings Now Open!
- Biomimicry: Light-Activated Skeletal Muscles for Robots
- Flip Flops: An Overview
- First Project with the Microcontroller – Part 1